Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

21t thumb cylinder

Lagwagon ยท 2018-12-11 23:07

I have a 21t digger lined up just waiting for the owner to finish his current job. Machine is plumbed for a breaker so I'm looking at building a thumb for it. While I'm awaiting I'm starting to look for a second hand cylinder. I have a couple of old ones off of a 70hp tractor f.e.l but have a feeling they are in the small side. Does anyone know what would be a good size cylinder for a thumb for this machine, it has a standard stick? Cheers

Replies4
  1. #1uffex2018-12-12 12:13

    Good day Have you considered a selecta grab may be the answer before you go down the thumb route. Kind regards Uffex

  2. #2uffex2018-12-12 12:17
  3. #3Lagwagon2018-12-12 18:50

    Cheers but that won't be suitable. It's and old digger that will be used on a farm for clearing scrub, gum trees and digging dams and drainage lines, no moving boulders or such heavy duty tasks.

  4. #4Simon C2018-12-12 20:48

    Have a look at my post on Nov. 18/2018 under Compact Excavators and you will find how to build a quality cylinder for your machine the size you want for cheap and good quality. Sorry I didn't know how to repost the 4 Pictures of the build. Simon C