Any one out there ever have a track motor that wont come out. Its out of the piolet but stuck in the splines I pried on it for hours today to no avail
Can't speak to the 963, but yes, motors and pumps with splined shafts... I suspect the ID of the spline the motor shaft goes into has stripped back in there but the motor shaft splines are far enough into the female that there is a small bit of very messed up female spline remaining at the outer edge preventing withdrawal. Pry bars, wedges, while rotating the motor shaft if possible, or bumping the track/final on that side to make the gears rotate a bit. Have to line up the splines from the wrong end, and they're probably well smeared over from when it stripped out. Just my guess, YMMV
I wonder if the output shaft has twisted. It wouldn’t take much to jam it in the splines.
that is what I'm thinking the motor shaft is female spline [ can I get away with saying that now days] that side quit pulling my thought was the drive shaft broke in the motor. going back Tues to try some more. I'm afraid I may have to try to dissemble the motor in place taking apart the final drive wont get me there either as the motor shaft splines into the brake housing and you can't get to the brake housing without having the final off. Going to try suspending the motor with a come a long and rocking it but if shaft is broken I don't think the shaft will rock inside the splines. Can't cut the shaft because the motor will only come out to the edge of the piolet
Current politically correct terminology, henceforth the following changes will apply: Female=Goezonta Male=Goezinta Coupling=poly-amorous connector Tee=three way, usually FFF Run tee=MFF Branch tee=FFM Quick disconnect=My Ex. I'm still voting for stripped over twisted, but then I've dated strippers that twisted, so could go either way. They did.
Wile your at it better come up with one for black pipe
Beautiful of course, silly wabbit.
Update female splines on motor shaft were stripped out had to jack motor up as far as i could wedge steel plates between mounting flange and frame then use a porta power and force the motor down. after two times of doing this it turned loose
Fun... glad you got it!