Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

2290 Form

Dickjr. ยท 2017-04-13 09:23

I went in the other day to pay my tax and register my truck for this year. In the past I had a single axle truck with a tag trailer so 38000 covered it. Since I traded for a tandem and upped my tag to 55 k , the clerk said I needed this 2290 form , and she also said I had it in the past. I have never needed it before. But after looking it starts at 55k. I am unsure how to fill it out , it looks like I will owe 100$ which is not a big deal. The problem , I need to get this filled out and get my tags paid. I swear it seems like when you go in to the clerks office and they find your paper work is not in order , its like they enjoy it or get something out of it. Is there a place on the net that can direct me as to how to fill out this form?

Replies2
  1. #1525isx2017-04-13 09:30

    IRS website - has instructions, interactive form you can fill out then print, or print form and fill out . https://apps.irs.gov/app/picklist/list/formsPublications.html

  2. #2Treetop2017-04-13 20:57

    Dickjr, you can go to the IRS building on Leestown road in lexington and get it taken care of in a few minutes.