Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

230sp bucket tooth pin styles

Chevoldsmoyota · 2024-03-13 22:24

This question is regarding the buckets on a Hitachi EX35U. I have two buckets - one with three teeth and one with five teeth - the teeth on both buckets are worn out and I’m looking to replace them. In my “parts bin” I have some teeth marked 230sp which seem to fit the weld-on shanks, and match the socket size of the old, unidentifiable teeth. I drove out one of the pins and it was a solid shaft with a groove at one end that matched up to a ring that was recessed into the tooth shank. (Between the tooth and shank) Online I see 230sp teeth for sale, but they come with “flex pins” that don’t look right compared to what I removed. Is this just a more modern replacement pin and will work correctly on my buckets? Or should I just re-use the pins that I have? Thanks in advance for your advice! CK

Replies2
  1. #1Chevoldsmoyota2024-03-13 22:35

    Maybe it would help to mention that the buckets are CP Wain Roy style buckets. I believe they are made or at least distributed by Paladin.

  2. #2Chevoldsmoyota2024-03-13 23:24

    I just ran across these online…. They are a CAT 1U3202 tooth and the pins look correct. Are the sockets on replacement teeth somewhat universal?