Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

235 Exhaust Elbow

Cub ยท 2024-06-15 12:14

Good Day Everyone. Got a 235, 3306 Engine needing an Exhaust Elbow. Got Really damaged in transit, (Truck took out a low hanging wire with my Exhaust Stack, tore the Muffler off and broke the Elbow), although it was pretty tender to begin with. I can't find any Number in my Parts Book, only reference to "Exhaust Elbow". Any writing on the elbow is not legible. Anyone been here before and got a Number? Turbo side ID is approx. 4 & 3/4". Muffler side OD is approx. 4 & 1/4". Once again. Thanks in Advance.

Replies16
  1. #1Nige2024-06-15 12:23

    Tracking down a Part Number for the elbow should be easy if you provided a machine Serial Number.

  2. #2Cub2024-06-15 13:11

    Hey Nige. You caught me sleepin. #64R1592

  3. #3Nige2024-06-15 18:19

    There are two options for that exhaust elbow. I'm going to need both the engine Serial Number and the Arrangement Number to narrow it down..

  4. #4Cub2024-06-15 18:39

    Here you go Sir.

  5. #5Nige2024-06-16 07:42

    Installed on the machine did it look something like this before it got broken..?

  6. #6Diesel Dave2024-06-16 08:54

    I think Nige needs another coffee this morning j/k . Looks a lot like an air side elbow.

  7. #7heymccall2024-06-16 09:17

    Nige was close. It was in the lines gp air as opposed to lines gp exhaust.

  8. #8Nige2024-06-16 09:50

    If the OP's bore measurements are correct then I'm not sure it is 3S-5017 as per the illustration above. That part is 4.625" outlet and 3.9" inlet. I get no hits under 64R searching for 3S-5017. The two I was looking at last night under 64R machine prefix were 3S-1581 or 4S-8924. Neither of them appear to correspond to an engine with a 13Z Serial Number prefix, or to a 5C-8590 Engine Arrgt. Some photos of the top of the OP's engine might help.

  9. #9heymccall2024-06-16 11:25

    1P-7885 ?

  10. #10Cub2024-06-16 11:27

    Not Really.

  11. #11Cub2024-06-16 11:45

    I hope these might help. I've got D uck Tape over the Turbo as I pressure washed the motor yesterday.

  12. #12Nige2024-06-16 12:08

    Is there a Part Number cast into the connector tube between the turbo and the exhaust elbow.? Also what about a Part Number from the data plate on the turbo.?

  13. #13Cub2024-06-16 12:57
  14. #14Cub2024-06-16 12:59

    Pretty sure that last number on the Tube is a 1.

  15. #15Nige2024-06-16 13:07

    Your elbow is a 3S-5161. The 2S-5551 number on the coupling was the key. You will also beed the two steel rings #9 & #12.

  16. #16Cub2024-06-16 13:21

    Hooray Nige. You are without a doubt, "The Man". I Hope somebody wished You a Happy Fathers Day. I got 2 fingers bleeding from working on my Kid's Harley Sportster with him, and I just informed him, He's buyin Dinner. Thans A Bunch!!