Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

236c caterpillar schematic

rmllarue91 ยท 2018-07-24 13:21

Hey hef got a 236c can't find serial number location waiting for some relays then I can get it from ecm but won't have them until tomorrow... Anyone know where tag is ? Would like to try and get schematic for tomorrow. Thanks

Replies5
  1. #1rmllarue912018-07-24 13:52

    Okay ecm says mst4211 but they changed it with another machine. Machine will start if you jump solenoid. With et hooked up key switch shows start position and start relay says on checked relays and visible wires think this controls ground wire to starter relay also?

  2. #2Nige2018-07-24 15:22

    MST04211 is a 262C. This a strange one. The model progression for the 236 goes as follows - 236(4YZ)->236B(HEN)->236B3(A9H)->236D(BGZ/MPW/SEN). No 236C........ hmmmm. You need to be looking at one or other of the options shown below for the Identification Plate

  3. #3rmllarue912018-07-24 15:27

    It is a 262c my fault I was looking at a 236 to see where plate is and that's what I typed sorry for confusion. Can't find a plate in either them locations but it is a 262c

  4. #4Nige2018-07-24 15:39

    Two S/N prefix options for 262C - MST & TMW. There are three options for Electrical schematics - KENR5118 is for MST1-1859, KENR8666 is for MST1860-3519, and UENR1753 is for MST3520-Up & TMW1-Up.

  5. #5rmllarue912018-07-24 22:04

    Thanks nige I really appreciate it .