Hey does anyone know a part number for the wire harness for the dash for the 246B skidsteer or where I can source one .i'd like to restore this machine to it's original state starting with the entire wiring system ..I had it Jerry rigged and believe or not it worked fine for years until recently after being down for 2years .problem I have is I can't get the hydraulic to work .seems I'm.gettin no power at any of the solenoids but electrical fuel pump will hum and engine will run just fine. But no hydraulic functions unless I run a direct 12 v from the battery to the solenoids themselves. Anyway any part numbers available for the harnesses? I cant seem to be able to upload and pics to show exactly what I mean tho .
Looks like two different ones, depending on configuration. 1st one
2nd one
If you look at the electrical schematic I sent to you yesterday you will find there are tables of wire harness Part Numbers on Page 13 Grid C-1. Those Part Numbers may not be the latest and greatest but if you show them to a Cat dealer the system will automatically spit out any updated P/N for a particular harness. Also I suggest to read the "Harness & Wire Symbols" text at the bottom of Page 12. It will help you to relate the "Harness Identification Letters" on the schematic to wire harness Part Numbers.
Thanks..by the way what does the detent solenoid/coil actually do and would it have any effect on the other solenoids if it's unplugged or wires shorted to each other.??
The detent coil holds the implement joystick in the float position. If the coil is missing or shorted, the safety interlock won't activate the implements.
Would it have any effect on the parking brake solenoid too ? , ( don't judge me , I'm.a dummy at theses things )
It wouldn't surprise me.
Hey do the solenoids on the valve body in the picture stay open constantly once the ignition is on like the joystick solenoids . I don't intend to use any attachments on the machine. Just need it to load a truck and lift some stuff. Don't even need lights .. its pretty jerry rigged to be honest. So I'm thinking of just powering up the park brake and 2 joysticks solenoids with direct 12 v from the battery because it's so far the only way I get any functions. Can I do the same with the solenoids on the valve body ???