Can I get some info on the A/C compressor and hydraulic motor that drives the pump? The strange noise I was hearing under the seat must have been the compressor, cause when the noise stopped so did the A/C. One condenser fan is working and I bought a replacement for the other, have not installed yet. It is charged to correct pressure just the compressor is not kicking on now. Figure worst case I buy a new one, but I would think if it quit working it would have lost its charge? SLK08447. Thanks
How do you know what level of charge is in the system? Hydro motor for compressor has electro solenoid to enable. When requirements are met, solenoid energizes and hydro motor spins compressor.
Unless the system was completely evacuated and recharged with the correct weight of refrigerant I don’t understand how you can say that the charge is correct. I went through all this on the current job when I started. Previously the MO was to check pressures with the system operating. It was amazing how many a/c problems were fixed by nothing more than completely evacuating and then charging with the correct weight of refrigerant.
Well I guess I’m taking the word of where I bought it that the pressure is correct. I’m thinking that the sound I was hearing is a bearing going out in compressor or motor that drives compressor. Do you rebuild those or just replace? Does the solenoid ever go bad? But since I had a noise and air but now no noise or air I’m guessing it’s a motor or compressor. But I’m shooting in the dark right now
Solenoid coil failed on my 248B within 500 hours of new, albeit it was 3 years old. Enable system and check for 12v at solenoid. If no 12v, then we need to trace circuit through the enable switches.
I’ll dig out some parts stuff and and electrical schematic and fire then off to you.
Very helpful as always. I’ll keep everyone posted. Thanks