Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

259D No heater fan…

Augerz ยท 2022-10-19 22:12

259D, had high heater fan only now nothing. Pretty sure it's the resistor. I believe I found it online and Cat calls it a thermostat switch. My question, where the hell is it on the machine? Diagram is vague. Winter is coming. Thanks guys!

Replies5
  1. #1heymccall2022-10-19 22:35

    I need serial number.

  2. #2Augerz2022-10-19 22:37

    FTK00270 Sorry I should've posted that earlier.

  3. #3heymccall2022-10-19 22:45

    Schematic shows a multi wound blower motor, therefore, no resistor. Check voltage at each position on this switch. The selector switch simply sends 12v to the correct winding.

  4. #4Augerz2022-10-19 22:49

    So the thermostat switch has nothing to do? I'll check the voltage. Thanks. I'll be in touch.

  5. #5heymccall2022-10-19 23:06

    I borrowed these from a D3 schematic, but, they should be same. B...12v in C...compressor enable H...high fan M...medium fan L...low fan