G’day I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on this issue I have. I’ve got a 2011 262C with a C3.4 engine and machine prefix MST that has some form of water governor on the side of the fuel pump which is leaking badly but not affecting the fuel side of the engine. Can I bypass this? I’ve looked on web sis and on tmi but cat won’t sell any repair/reseal kits for this part. And I don’t wont to replace the fuel pump if I don’t have too. Cheers
Water governor on a fuel pump, that's a new one on me! Hope someone can chime in with some information. Any chance of a picture of the item showing where the leak is?
This?
Yeah that’s it heymccall
It raises the throttle during cold weather starts. I see no reason that saysthat you can't bypass it, save for rough low idle when cold.
Thanks heaps mate really appreciate the help
See if these guys can help. They list a 314-9911 injection pump, which is the number I got from a 262C MST parts book. https://www.bkdiesel.com/shop/injection-pump-2024/
Its just a COLD START devise.. & YES u can bypass it.. I don't think it is rebuildable.. its just an oring that's leaking tho.. Take it to your local fuel shop & see what they say.. or call them.. tellm u have a coolant activated CSD.. like on the Volkswagon diesel inj. pumps & see if they will rebuild/sell u one. They may have an old one on a CORE pump.. Give'm the 104742-3100 # {Zexel} & they'll look it up to see if theres a breakdown of the CSD or if it shows it as an assembly..
Well I guess I can go back to bed now as I learned something new today!
Not so fast there Ken.. I'll betcha didn't know it RETARDS the timing for faster starts.??!!
Now with all this new "knowledge" I'm going to have to sleep late in the morning!
me too Ken. Someone explain how the hell that thing works...……..cause I don't believe I have seen one before.
The pump timing is retarded until the water temp comes up.. in that gizmo that's leaking, is a "wax motor" that heats up & allows the normal timing to resume..
"Wax Motor" so it works similar to the way a temperature regulator does to control the flow of water either back to the engine or out to the radiator?
Not really.. theres a constant flow across the wax motor.. & when it gets up to a predetermined temp, the wax melts & allows the lever to relax, putting it in a state of "non-operation".. Then when it cools, the lever is "active", pulling the inside roller assembly to the retarded position again..