We have run a 268b in our farming operation for 2 years and can't believe the productitvity it has given us. With a wide range of attachment we litteraly love it, so compact. I recently added a tree saw for pasture clearing and side triming hedge rows. Gett.ing along pretty well. Traction hasn't been the problem I thought it would be. Like most professional small boys we neeed more power and hyd flow. Machine has hi flow and is curently serviced. Do you guys have any pointers I might be missing? After market parts or upgrades?
Power for lifting or power for pushing?
hyd for the saw mostly i believe the skidder is rated at 33 gallom/min w/ the hi flow the saw is rated for 30 plus gallon/ min if i bind the saw the skidder will stall
You may be SOL on that one... maybe someone else has opinions on this?
I don't know about the CAT specifically. I wanted a bit more performance while mulching with a my CASE 465. I contacted the dealer who contacted the product support guys and they sent some high performance relief valves. I went from 41 gpm at 3050 psi to 40 gpm at 3950 gpm. The machine even at high alt. will not overheat the hyd. fluid unless the radiator is plugged. It does not go over relief as easy. Amazing increase in productivity for less than a Grand installed. Maybe CAT has something similiar. Your battling a small displacement engine that makes good hp but little torque, not sure if they have field fix for that. You may have no option but to step up to a bigger machine.
I know the 247b motor can be tuned slightly differnt to increase the performance of the entire unit. Only guessing if it engine power issue that the 268 could be turned up some . If I recall there was a video on you tube where the owner of a 247 made a fuel pump adjustment to increase his machines overall power output.