Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

287b track drive motor lines

alangator ยท 2012-11-06 13:14

A hydraulic line for the drive motor for the track on my 287b cat blew out. The ends of the line are very hard to get to and it looks like I'd have to take the whole track off to get the line off. Is there an easy way to replace these hydraulic hoses? -alangator

Replies5
  1. #1Lee-online2012-11-06 17:04

    You can slide the sideframes out to get more room. I can change them by reaching behind there and change them by feel.

  2. #2Tags2012-11-30 20:42

    I had the same line blow on mine,actually they both let go within a couple of months of each other, anyway, a major PIA, I ended up lifting the rear of the machine up and blocking it, then broke the whole track assembly down and turned the drive motor sideways. The lines looked like they had been rubbing on the side of the frame where they enter the machine, not the best routing Ive ever seen.I ended up clamping another piece of hose over it when I installed the new one.

  3. #3xcmark2012-12-03 04:04

    I had to replace the same lines on my JCB T1110 , BIG money in factory parts. I ended up haveing a local shop pull off both track frames and building custom lines and bulk head plates out of stainless lines to prevent them from rusting again. It was rust that ended the fun and game and started the bleading...... of oil and my wallet! after the smoke cleared I lost about 2 gallons of hydro oil and 4K from my wallet.

  4. #4grandpa2012-12-03 05:51

    Like Lee online said, they can be done,,, maybe a new wrench may have to be bent up, but its doable. PATIENCE. Thats the trick.

  5. #5antpoo2018-08-04 07:52

    Just blew mine on the job today. Machine flooded out every drop of hydraulic oil and now won't move. Seems to be the very bottom hose into the track motor, and looks almost totally impossible to undo without removing squirrel cage. I slid slider forward and was able to get two bolts with a spanner. The other two are so hard to get that spanner will not do. May try socket tomorrow, fingers crossed, praying to god.