Hello all-I sure could use some help from you Cat guys out there- We have a 297c serial GCP01641. The bucket and boom function has quit working suddenly. When you release the parking brake/ hydraulic lock the machine will drive and steer but there's a cylinder symbol that stays illuminated now. The owner said it flickered a bit before as soon as the problem started but now it stays on solid. I assume it's an electrical issue but.....? does the computer control this? Maybe by a relay/fuse setup? I'm going to order a wiring schematic from Cat but I thought some of you might steer me in a good direction to start. Thanks!
I'll send you an electrical schematic. Stand by. All the implement hydraulic functions are controlled from the ECM based on PWM inputs from sensors in the base of the joysticks. Is the warning light #7 or #8.?
I would check the door switch first. The door switch will lock out the boom functions if it thinks the door is open.
He says it's numer &. He sent me a picture.as well to confirm.
Okay- Thank you!
Warning light #7 is the Worktool Lockout. It could also be operator presence switch under the seat.