Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

299D XPS 14 pin connector

Danfromcomo · 2020-09-11 23:37

I recently purchased a 2013 CAT 299D XPS and haven’t needed to use the high flow until today when I purchased a Loftness 71G4 mulcher. I understand that I need a plug for the electrical connector that jumpers2 of the wires together but my problem is that all of the wires has been pulled out of the connector and are just individually taped up. I will go to Holt CAT on Monday and get a plug but I really need to use the mulcher this weekend. My sn is CAT0299DKHCL00944. Can anybody tell me the color of the two wires that need to be jumpered together? And will I get an indicator on the control panel when I’m in High Flow? Thanks in advance. I have been searching for 2 hours trying to find the answer before I asked.

Replies4
  1. #1heymccall2020-09-12 00:39

    K to B, colors in 2nd to last post. HeavyEquipmentForums

  2. #2Nige2020-09-12 05:15

    HMC has given you the info you ned for now. Do you have an Operation & Maintenance Manual for it.? That would answer many other questions that might arise, including maintenance items.

  3. #3Danfromcomo2020-09-12 08:42

    Thanks guys! I do have the operation and maintenance manual that is on a cord behind the seat. Thank you for the link, I will download a copy to have at the house as well.

  4. #4Nige2020-09-12 09:01

    To download a copy, go to - https://catpublications.com/ When the popup appears click on "Continue as Guest" Type SEBU8691 in the box and click Search. The illustration I posted above should pop up.