2018 machine w/ ab 1800hrs. Will not move the arms or bucket. Park brake disengages like it should. Will travel forward and reverse. Looking for suggestions. Did this one time yesterday morning and was able to get it to work. Wouldn’t do anything today
Are there any Diagnostic Codes present.? These can be accessed from the Operator Monitor. A Serial Number might also help. There are 5 models of 299D2.
No active codes. serial is CAT0299DVDX203721
Problem with door or seat switch.? Do you have an electrical schematic.? If it would help please ask.
Don’t think so. It will track fine. Unless there are separate switches for the work tool?
What exactly did you do to get it working.? Interlock/Implement Lockout switch problem.? If you operate the Interlock Override switch do the implements work.?
I’m not really sure. I would open and close door, armrest, kill machine, restart, track a little, and it eventually started. This time I’ve done all that and it’s not helping. How do I operate the override switch?
With the engine running, first press the top of the implement lockout switch #15, then return it to the centre position. Then press the bottom of the switch and leave it in that position. NOTE: Some machines do not have this (2-position rocker switch) option, the implement lockout switch is a single pole switch that operates by pressing the top and returning it to the centre position. Check out your machine and report back. Do you have an Operation & Maintenance Manual.?
Tried #15 and it didn’t fix.
OK, it seems like you're in for some testing. The door switch, seat switch, and Implement Lockout/Interlock switch are all going to need testing for correct opening/closing of contacts. I hope you have a mutimeter and an electrical schematic.
Do any of the safety switches just control the work tool functions? It tracks fine using left joystick. Just wondering if we could narrow it down to a certain safety switch possibly.
Test the door switch first, followed by the implement lockout switch. All the switches are inputs to the ECM and often it's difficult to determine what affects what.
Ok. Can you kinda walk me thru testing the switches. I’m not very strong with electrical issues.
The switch 15 should have continuity between 2 & 3 with the switch in the centre position, between 2 & 1 with the switch pushed over one way, and between 5 & 6 with it pushed over the other way. The door switch (that also locks out the implements) should have continuity between the Common and Normally Closed terminals with the door open and continuity between the Common and Normally Open terminals with the door closed.
My switch 15 is only a 2 position switch
Now he tells us...... If you go back to post #8 I said some machines only have a 2-position switch and to check your machine and report back which type you had. I suggest you should try to get hold of a good auto-electrician.
Nige, I forgot to respond a while back. It wasn’t anything electrical but thanks for the try.