Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

299D2DC2 SKID STEER E459-2 DOES START AT ALL

ramoscosof ยท 2023-11-08 14:28

Serial Number: FD204176 Hi everyone, the information that I have It's just the alternator was changed once. I cleaned all grounds, released the engine harness, I fix the temperature sensor 3 wires broken. I tested power relay ECM, this has power in pin 1 but no ground pin 2. I grounded it but there is a message engine ecm data invalid also the DEF sistem does work too. Please if somebody can help I really appreciate it.

Replies8
  1. #1Nige2023-11-09 13:27

    E459-2 along with a crank no-start is a known issue, but there is little or no officially published information regarding troubleshooting it. I will send you some information that may help. Keep an eye on your messages.

  2. #2heymccall2023-11-09 13:43

    Like this? CAT 259D - No Crank E459-2 Code Hi Guys Trying to help my son diagnose a 2015 CAT 259D with 2092 hrs, serial FTL03587. Initial symptom was no crank due to low battery, jump started and ran all day. Drove it onto trailer and off trailer into the shop and next start attempt was a no crank with the E459-2 code. Charged battery ... HeavyEquipmentForums

  3. #3heymccall2023-11-09 13:47
  4. #4Simon C2023-11-09 19:52

    Ground connections are part of routine maintenance on new electonic engines. I fixed a Dodge 5500 Ram that dash was wonky, would not run properly ,was only 1 year old . Thought I would start at Battery connections. and all fender and frame grounds, that some were corroded all ready. Computer ground straps need to be very clean also. Then coat with some Deep Creep spray or Fluid Film or something similiar. Always a good place to start. My Chev 3500 was wonky on instrumentation panel so cleaned all the connections I could find and all is good now. Thats what I have found. Simon C

  5. #5DieselFit2024-05-05 04:53

    Hi, I just had to locate the cause of the E459-2 code on my friend's 289D. Thanks to the several threads on this site, I was able to look for and find broken C903 Blue wire near the connector on LHS of firewall under cab. Goes to pin 27 on that connector. It is the earth for the coil on the engine ECM power relay.

  6. #6Nige2024-05-05 11:54

    Excellent info. Thanks for sharing this.

  7. #7bsievers9262025-04-29 15:06

    having the same 459 code on a 299d xhp wondering if anyone has the engine and ecm wiring diagrams so i can start racing ground wires. PIN is CAT0299DCJST01292

  8. #8Nige2025-04-29 16:00

    Check your message inbox.