Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

3 allis’s

FarmerDave ยท 2008-01-20 21:16

Though ya'll might like to see our allis's. The 2wd with a cab is a 1977 7060 bought new by my grandpa, the little one is a 1939 B that me and my grandpa restored. The 4wd is a 1977 7580 my grandpa bought in 1991 or 1992.

Replies8
  1. #1Jeff D.2008-01-20 22:28

    Cool! I almost bought a lil' B Allis like that. I wanted to put a belly mower on it, thought it would be just the perfect size. The particular one I looked at had some anti freeze in the oil though, and I decided to pass on it, but a guy I knew decide he wanted it. He fixed it all up and gave it a new AC orange paint job, said it (the anti freeze) was just a rusted out plug in the head and was a relatively cheap fix. He just loves that little tractor. Seemed like he painted it a brighter orange than the tractors in your pic though? Maybe its just the pics??:beatsme Any more Allis pics? :drinkup

  2. #2FarmerDave2008-01-21 20:35

    lots of em

  3. #3Jeff D.2008-01-21 20:43

    These other B pics look like the same bright orange I was thinking. I wonder what the B was originally marketed for? Is it maybe considered an orchard tractor? That one there sure looks nice!!

  4. #4thejdman042008-02-02 20:09

    great pics

  5. #5redline2008-02-03 05:36

    wow there some nice machines thanks for posting

  6. #6stumpjumper832008-02-03 08:11

    Originally the B would have been a culivator tractor. When I was on the farm as a kid we had a C which was just a narrow front end B. Dad's fields were kinda hilly and the tractor didn't have enough power or the right gearing for hay raking so we kept the Farmall M on the rake. But the C was handy for light work like fixing fense and stuff. I do remember that it had a one bottow plow that mounted on the rear for like plowing gardens and stuff. We never used it, just kinda came with it.

  7. #7d6peg2008-02-09 15:18

    Sad to say that the B model is probably worth as much as the '77 models put together. Nice clean tractors.

  8. #8FarmerDave2008-02-09 23:18

    Ohh, it ain't quite worth that much, both the big ones are in real good shape, except the 7580 has a whole bunch of annoying but harmless things go wrong. In 31 hours, the starter push switch went, the clutch safety switch had a bad connection was bad and the connection on the PTO safety switch was bad. Couldn't figure that one out until I found out it had a PTO safety switch. The heater valve leaks internally and the A-C quit. There's a lot of other things too Harmless but annoying as heck. The 7060 has been real good tractor and rarely does something go wrong.