Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

30 days notice, political madness

Hendrik ยท 2010-08-20 22:42

http://www.earthmover.com.au/news/2...-day2019s-notice-before-excavations-can-start Not sure how this is going to work but basically from what I understand if there is or may be underground services near where the dig is planned you have to give 30 days notice to dial before you dig unless it is an emergency.

Replies9
  1. #1mitch5042010-08-21 01:05

    And I thought our 72 hr wait was a pain!

  2. #2stumpjumper832010-08-21 09:00

    wow, just plain wow. And I thought out legislators were on crack.... I hope every one of them goes down to pool mart and finds this olympic sized heated pool for 50% off if installed in 30 days and had to pay the full price because his own law held up the digger... oh, and because they waited thirty days the company sold out of all the pools, and they lost their 50% deposit, and have to wait another 30 days with this giant hole in the yard to be filled in... haha

  3. #3CM19952010-08-21 10:34

    Incredible...

  4. #4stock2010-08-21 18:04

    I am now convinced that politicians the world over are devoid of reality................

  5. #5BarnStarFarm2010-08-21 18:37

    And devoid of brains! Obviously none of them are contractors!:Banghead

  6. #6rabbit2010-09-15 12:16

    Yes, but all my jobs are emergency. :usa

  7. #7JDOFMEMI2010-09-16 02:08

    In the current economy, any job is an emergency. If we don't start it on time, we may go broke waiting. To me, that qualifies as an emergency!

  8. #8FSERVICE2010-09-16 21:12

    let one of those lawmakers sewer get backed up or water line break and they will change that law the next day

  9. #9stumpjumper832010-09-17 01:12

    but it sure would be fun making them wait their 30 days. They probably would schedule a diplomatic trip to tahiti for the month though.