Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

301.8 weak hydraulics

hougie ยท 2016-04-28 22:47

Hey guys, I've got a 301.8, 2002 model year. When the oil gets warmed up the hydraulics get weak. Seems to be all functions so all three pumps I guess. Any common issues before replacing pumps?

Replies3
  1. #1TCM2016-05-13 09:13

    I just went through this same issue on my kubota 121. Get the gauges on it and see what your pressures are while under operation. That will point you in the right direction. My case it turned out to be the pump producing 1500 psi on one side. The valve plate had a scratch .0015" deep. Repaired the pump, set pressures, works as advertised.

  2. #2Nige2016-05-13 09:21

    As above. Don't just go in replacing pumps blind, it's the same as burning a pile of $ bills. Get the gauges on the hydraulics, or get someone to do it for you, and the test results for pressures will show what the problem is.

  3. #3hougie2016-07-17 21:38

    Do you guys know the pressure specs and test procedure?