Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

303.5 fuel injection leaking

TomWei · 2022-01-04 10:49

beached her a few weeks ago and popped some hoses on undercarriage. looking for more hydro leaks i found diesel leaking out of injector area. its below the yellow and on top of gray. any idea what causes this? less than 5 hours ago i was putting in new mounts, throttle cable, fluids, etc. and def didnt have this going on.

Replies4
  1. #1thepumpguysc2022-01-04 11:46

    Very common leak area.. The pump needs to come out to fix.. I have the parts in stock if u need a quick turnaround.. Whoever u send it to.. the solenoid MUST BE REMOVED FIRST.!!!

  2. #2TomWei2022-01-04 12:12

    she's still in the field. working on a pile of hydraulics i ripped out beaching her. wont get used much during the winter. but needs to get done. can you send me info in pm trying to learn how to fix things myself but i already looked at rebuild kits and i wont do it right

  3. #3Nige2022-01-08 13:32

    My 2c. Even the most experienced mechanics usually stay well away from fuel injection pumps, apart from minor external repairs. They normally send them to a specialist fuel pump shop. I would advise that you do the same.

  4. #4thepumpguysc2022-01-08 13:40

    You’ll be miles ahead of u send it out.. I’d b happy to help u out w a rebuild.. FASTER, less money and better quality.. There are small parts in there that can get lost or broken and are hard to come by.!! Besides, I charge extra if you tamper with it before I get it..