I've had this machine since 2006 and have put about 1200hrs on it. We replaced the starter today and now this green light comes on when the key is turned on. I've never seen it lit and actually had no clue it was there. What does it stand for? Also there's a similar spot on the opposite side above the glow plug light that you can't see what the indicator is unless it's lit and has never been lit. All of the other indicator lights you can see the image without them being lit. I have searched for the past 3 hrs online for a cluster layout with no luck, any info would be great.
The green light is the indicator for auto-deceleration. There should be a switch in the right side console with the same symbol.
You've had it 15+ years without a manual.? That must be some sort of record.
Hahaha! It would have been nice for the starter replacement. In my search for this light I found a video that shows an access panel behind the seat, I did everything from underneath!
I don't have auto deceleration on this machine. Could it just be a light that comes standard even without having the option? Then that begs the question why is it just now lighting up?
Maybe it's been there all the time and you weren't aware of it.? If you post a Serial Number I can probably find something in the O&M Manual describing how it works.
In the years that
You're right, there is no Auto-Idle on your machine, although the Gauge Cluster does have provision for it because A-I is an attachment (option). Seeing as the alternator charging light #1 is also lit in your photo I wonder if you are getting bleed-through from that to the unused Auto-Idle light.? Does the green light go out at the same time as #1 when you start the engine even if you run it at Low Idle RPM.?
The AI light only comes on for about 2 seconds when the key is turned to the on position. It then goes out. It's never been lit before.
That sounds almost like the panel self-test...... The wire coloured green to Pin 4 in the illustration above shouldn't be connected to anything beyond the first electrical connector behind the panel. If you want to go looking I can send you the electircal schematic. Just ask.
That's what I think it is because all lights come on for 2 seconds except for the one above the glow plug light. Still don't know what that is, like I said before I didn't even realize those indicators where there. It's just really confusing why it's coming on now and never has in the past. Anyway, at least I found out what the symbol is and that it's not an issue for operation. Thanks for the insight