Hello, I have a relatively new to me 304H John Deere compact loader. We have encountered an occasional intermittent issue where the loader will not engage in reverse. When this occurs the the dash indicator will show a reverse direction and the reverse alarm turns on but it will not move, feels like its in neutral. Since the dash indicator shows I don't believe its the position switch and I was leaning towards a hydraulic solenoid or maybe relay downstream of the dash indicator, but the intermittent nature of the problem makes diagnostics very difficult. Does anyone have any experience in an issue like this? Otherwise I'll probably end up swapping out relays or solenoids and then having to wait and see if the issue returns. Thanks
I would lean towards the reverse relay. Swap it with the forward relay to see if the problem follows the relay.
304H Deere was built by Liebherr in Europe and has a very over complicated electrical system. Could be any number of things but like mg2361 said, swap the relays first.