Its always something. While I have the reverser out for repair, and am waiting for parts, I was looking for the source of a hydraulic leak. Unfortunately I found it, and it was not a loose fitting as I had hoped. The crack is visible in the attached photo. This is the return fitting to the tank. It took about 4 hours to get the tank out. Besides the lines attached to the tank, all of the brake and steering lines have to be disconnected. (Have lots of caps and plugs handy) I also had to remove the bolts from the brake assembly to move it a little farther to the rear. The tank is a very tight fit in and out. I welded it this afternoon and rounded the edges of the tank with the grinder to help when reinstalling it. I used a strap attached to the top of the tank around my neck to help lift the tank while I stood on the hood. A lift like the manual calls for would have been nice but it would have taken a couple of hours of moving things around to get the gantry crane in place. The strap worked fine. Two people would also be nice. The suction line did not look good so I ordered a new one. I plan to replace some of the lines to the radiators while I have the tank and the reverser out.
No replies yet.