Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

310D John Deere reverser no forward again !

Keith Babcock ยท 2023-10-26 17:07

I have had the reverser replaced my John Deere a little less than a 1,000 hours ago, with a rebuilt one, since then with some of your help I figured out the dump valve had something in it keeping it from moving. other than that it has work perfectly till now. This time it's forward shifts in slow and moves a little distance and then just acts like it's slipping and won't move, reverse works fine Thinking the solenoid for forward and back ward might be bad I ordered a new valve and magnets, that made no difference. Have I worn the clutches out in the reverser in that few of hours. Or am I missing something simple . it looks like the warranty has ran out ! Thank you Keith

Replies3
  1. #1580bob2023-10-27 01:10

    your forward bellville spring has broken and piled up the forward clutch pack these new springs they now use are junk

  2. #2Keith Babcock2023-10-27 07:59

    Thank you , How involved it taking it apart and replacing the spring ? I'm in Kansas are there any shops besides dealers that would repair this if I had in out of the machine ? Thank you

  3. #3Keith Babcock2023-11-23 11:58

    Update, I was starting to get ready to test pressures on the reverser and after reading and thinking took the neutral solenoid out the screen was mostly blocked with slug like stuff cleaned it cleaned screen in oil pan new oil it works as it should!