Hello everyone, I am new to the forum and came with a specific question. I recently bought a JD310E with extendahoe and 4N1 bucket. My question is, Is there a way to "float" the bucket? So the bucket follows the contour of the ground without me using controls? I want to use the bucket as a "dozer" blade on my road to clear snow. I did a search but had no luck. Thanks.
What does it do when you push the control all the way forward? Will it stay forward? I can't say for sure on that model, but that's the way they usually go into float.
Awesome thanks so much. Soon as I crank it I will give it a try.
Probably doesn't have to be running, they usually will lock to the front until you pull it back. Of course you won't know if it works, but if it does that, then that's what it is.
Thanks Delmer.
Float will probably only work in reverse. When going forward if there is any resistance while pushing it will probably lift the front tires off the ground. Like the others have said. Push the loader control all the way forward.
Yes, it will lift the front wheels. Depends on the angle of your bucket. If you catch good clear hard ground with the tires, and the bucket edge digs in, you can open your bucket right up too. make it a three yard bucket real quick
Float going forward isn't recommended. If you hit something solid, it can throw you into the windshield and lift the wheels slamming the lift cylinders to the stops. Float is generally for back blading.
Great info thanks everyone.