Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

310SG vibration

Spiva Const · 2023-03-03 14:41

Plowing snow my 310SG developed a vibration in the hydraulic system. It vibrates when operating any hydraulic function. It feels like a sticky ram packing but it happens with all functions front and rear. Oil level is good and everything is greased. I’m suspicious it is the pump going bad and was wondering if anyone has experienced this problem.

Replies5
  1. #1Acecadet2023-03-03 15:34

    I have seen really bad gear pumps cause a pulsing sensation in a hydraulic system. Do all the functions appear weak? I think pulling the hydraulic filter and looking for debris would be a good place to start.

  2. #2Diesel Dave2023-03-03 16:09

    I suggest to also check the hydraulic tank breather or end of the breather hose didn’t get plugged up with snow/ice .

  3. #3Spiva Const2023-03-03 19:06
  4. #4Spiva Const2023-03-03 19:14

    I’ll have a new filter tomorrow afternoon and will check the old one then. It still has lift power but does seem a little slower. I’m not familiar with the pressure relief valve on that pump but I guess I’ll be figuring it out. Any thoughts on OEM, aftermarket or rebuilt pump, if that’s what I need?

  5. #5Acecadet2023-03-03 19:38

    You never mentioned the hours on this machine. If it turns out to be a failure, please be sure to find a root cause before simply changing parts. Such as very high hours, poor fluid, parts failure leading to contamination, plugged suction screen, air intrusion on suction side, shock loads and anything else I didn’t think of. I hate to see good parts thrown at a machine just to see another failure occur soon after because due diligence was not taken. Sorry if this sounds like a rant.