Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

3126 low power

simonsrplant ยท 2020-07-27 09:57

8YL67821 Highway application 3126 Low power (low boost) I've had this problem for some time but getting by as I don't have any outlandish power requirements... Now I'm working an exploration job up and down trails. The truck has solid fuel pressure, new regulator, new transfer pump, six new injectors. Turbo seems good. No codes or problems aside power. Starts good cold or hot. Max boost is 10lbs on full load. I noticed on ET that when doing the injection actuation test I can only ramp up to 50% output. I seem to recall 75 is as high as it goes? Would that be the cause of my lack of power and why? I changed out the actuator gp the other day with no change. Running out of ideas here. Anyone have any input ?

Replies1
  1. #1simonsrplant2020-09-01 13:48

    Update Changed out the boost sensor and actuation pressure sensor. Marked improvement. Now get 18lbs of boost wot. Still seems slow to build. Next will be reinspection of all my intake parts on the offchance I missed something. Progress may be as slow as my truck but it's progress.