Hi guys I am planning to buy a 325 cl to take to my country. The engine model was 3126b engine. Something to say about it? I was reading that was an engine with lots of trouble. Something to say about this?
The bottom end seems bulletproof but the valves are a weak point, seen lots of dropped valves. check valve lash often. they have the earlier style of heuipump and it don't give much grief.
I have lots of experience with the 3126B engine in medium duty on road truck applications and have found it to be very durable overall. They had some small items that were common on them like oil cooler housing oil leaks, an injector or injector seals now and then but nothing major on a regular basis. We had some who would beat the tar out of these things day in and day out and never had a problem. I've seen quite a few with over a million kilometers on the clock. These engines as mentioned have a Heui fuel system. Good system, but since it uses engine oil to fire the injectors, they operate best with clean engine oil. Quite often I would run into one with some performance issues or IAP codes and found that an oil change is all it took to clear it up. I wouldent hesitate to buy one.
Someone told me to avoid heui systems.
can anybody tell me which are the heui cat engines¨?
3116E, 3126B, 3126E, C7 and C9 as far as i know.,. Keep the oil clean and the heui system will out perform just about any other fuel system except common rail.
You all are correct in what you are saying, keep the engine oil clean. You can even install a Spinner filter to keep the engine oil super clean. How the HEUI system works: HEUI Fuel System The Hydraulically actuated Electronically controlled Unit. Injectors (HEUI) use a hydraulic pump and engine oil to generate fuel injection pressure, and an ECM to control the pressure and amount of fuel injected into the cylinders. The operation of the HEUI fuel system is completely different from any other type of fuel system that isactuated mechanically. The HEUI fuel system is completely free of adjustment. Changes in performance are made by installing different software in the ECM.
What Does ECM stands for?
I was told that the HEUI injection system was developed by Navistar in the early nineties for release in 94,95 Navistar 444E & Ford 7.3 powerstroke engines. Is this true??, If so did Caterpillar buy the rights to the HEUI system or were they in on the development? Is anyone else still using the HEUI injection system, or have all the manufacturers gone to commom rail systems now? ECM = electronic control module
Actually, Cat sued Navistar for copy right infringement over the Heui system and won. Navistar was forced to pay Cat royalties for use of it's tech. If memory serves me correctly, the heui system started as a joint venutre between the 2, but Cat copyrighted it before Navistar and then sued. If you take a unit injector from a 3126B and a DT466E from around 1999 and put them side to side they are almost identical.
I believe you mean patent instead of copyright. You can copyright a writing or a painting or photograph. An invention can only be patented.
Today I called kellytractor @Miami and they told me..........."HEUI pump engines are not wanted for export". Mitsubishi engines are much worth. I think i will not go ahead with the 325 cl.......i will get a 320 cl instead with 3066t mitsubishi engine.
If you by one get one with mitsubishi eng 3116 &3126 piece of junk i got a friend had one with 3116 dropped a valve ruined the eng. They bougth a new 3116 it ran less than 1200 hrs & dropped a valve he said he never have another.