Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

3126e Cat

tuney443 ยท 2007-08-19 14:14

2 questions: Anyone ever try or have that programming type harness that I see on EBAY for about $80,supposed to spool up the turbo faster,improve low end torque and MPG slightly,etc.?Also,anyone have any info on where or who{besides an expensive Cat dealer} might have for sale an engine brake for the 3126?

Replies4
  1. #1Ford LT-90002007-08-19 17:56

    I would check any of the RV places because the 3126 (C7) is a popular engine in the big pushers. They might have tuners to add some more power. As for engine brake your SOL but a PAC brake will work its only a exhaust brake but it helps.

  2. #2tuney4432007-08-19 18:59

    No Ford-LT---Cat does have one,it's about $1K,way too much for what they give you,I don't need one that bad,I'll wait till I find a deal.Thanks

  3. #3Ford LT-90002007-08-19 20:55

    Here is something to increase your power http://www.bd-power.com/mhome/product.php?pn=Electronic%20Performance&tt=mh As for a exhaust brake it was 1400 dollars for the one on my 6.0 Ford.

  4. #4tuney4432007-08-19 22:36

    Thanks Ford LT---never heard about them before--they seem pretty good.