Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

312C with load scale

RobVG ยท 2010-09-30 15:03

We've never used the load scale on our gray market 312C and now it's giving us grief. It turns itself on and locks out the bucket curl and boom down. It aslo sets off a buzzer and an amber light on the deck. Sometimes things go back to normal when you turn the unit off on the console and other times you have shut the machine down. I'm not sure what to do short of getting out a pair of lineman's pliers. Anyone have experiance with these? Oh, and it's all in Japanese. Also it eventually throughs what I think is an error code: E004

Replies13
  1. #1Dirt Docter2010-10-11 15:26

    have you had any luck with a fix for this machine. i have one doing the EXACT same thing.i have tried to get around it with not much luck. today i thought about trying to loop out the load sensors on the boom cylinders. any help would be great

  2. #2RobVG2010-10-11 19:30

    Sorry you're having the same problem. I haven't heard anything from the operator since the last time I was on his site and of course- it wouldn't act up. I talked to NC Machinery in Monroe but couldn't get any info because it was gray market. They tried but couldn't find anything that resembled the unit on our 312. They did offer to have a look at it though. Good luck and please post a solution if you find one.

  3. #3Dirt Docter2010-10-11 22:20

    the machine has been good for a long time then started acting up same as yours. i tryed to by-pass the system and got really close but still had one function responding slow. are we the only one in the USA that has one of this machine,s. after the by-pass attement it worked well for two weeks and is now back on the frizt. thanks for getting back to me

  4. #4Dirt Docter2010-10-15 20:47

    long hard fight after working on our machine, i has been able to by-pass the crane system and remove all the wiring and some un-needed valves. the machine is in lynnwood off the mukitio speedway. i have alot of stuff to button up and put back in place on monday. let me know if you can swing by and i'll show you how to get rid of the nightmare. three long hard days to sort it out but it won't take that long after you take a look at what was done.

  5. #5RobVG2010-10-16 11:29

    Heck yeah, I'd really like to see what you did. Thanks! PM sent.

  6. #6John C.2010-10-16 12:56

    I've worked on those systems when there was an articulated boom. The safeties are there to prevent the operator from slamming the bucket into the cab. Basically there are potentiometers on the boom, boom articulation and the stick. What I have found is that the linkage on the stick gets smashed and the system can't figure out where it is. What I have done on some of these is to center the linkage on the stick, where the problem always seems to be, and weld it in place. The systems I have worked on had electronic joysticks. Do the Cat machines you are working on have them also?

  7. #7RobVG2010-10-16 14:46

    I'm not familiar with "electronic" joysticks. Does that mean there's no pilot valve? I've never looked. I wonder why they put a warning light outside the cab? I think I remember the opperator working in some trees not to long ago, I'll check out the potentiometers. Still want to see Dirt Doctor's machine.

  8. #8RobVG2010-10-16 16:25

    Dirt Doctor, Looks like you need to make a few more posts before you can get PM's. So... I know where the Speedway is, where is your machine located? What time will you be starting? I'll be there unless someone breaks down. Thanks, Rob

  9. #9RobVG2010-10-17 15:09

    Bump

  10. #10Dirt Docter2010-10-17 22:51

    i will be in lynnwood by 8:30. there's a starbuck's right at the end of the freeway before it becomes the speedway that we can meet at. new to this hole form thing so i don't know if it's cool to give you my work #. the job site is on picnic point road. sewer treatment plant job. cross-road off the speed-way is beverly park road.

  11. #11CM19952010-10-18 00:31

    It's not against the forum rules to give your number in this situation since you are helping a fellow member out and not soliciting the forum. That being said my advice would be not to post it on the forum since the whole world can see it.:cool2 It's best to use PM, which you can now use since you have 4 posts. BTW - welcome to the Forums!:drinkup

  12. #12RobVG2010-10-18 00:48

    Yeah- what the Super Moderator said. Don't post anything you not comfortable with. Now with 4 post under your belt, you can "PM"- Private message. That said, I think I know where that Starbucks is. It's one of 47 in the area I drive a white funny looking Fuso. If I don't find you there I know where the sewer plant is.

  13. #13RobVG2010-10-18 19:37

    That was alot of reverse engineering you went through to solve it. I wouldn't have known where to start. Thanks for the help Doc.