I have a Cat 312cL about 6000 hours on it i have noticed when you are operating it sometimes there will be a load on the hydraulics when there shouldn't be. Only last a few seconds.goes away. Not often but you can definitely tell it's not normal Alot of times it's when your swinging. And you can let go of the joysticks and it makes no difference. You can here the engine bog down when its doing it. Any ideas? I thought I had seen something similar on here in the past. I searched but nothing similar. Also the swing brake has never stopped when it should. I am running a 42 inch bucket.might be a liitle big for it Any thoughts on either ? Thanks!
Swing motion is stopped by dead heading the oil. The swing brake activates 7 seconds after no pedal or handle movement. Or, after the pilot is shutoff. All my Cats had a swing brake disable switch that would allow swing overrun.