Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

315 travel motor

jook24 ยท 2015-10-02 21:01

my 315 has weak travel motor on one side when it is warmed up was able to turn it if i put one in reverse and the other one forward but not on its own was wnodering if a person can rebuild them or do you have to buy new thanks.

Replies10
  1. #1lantraxco2015-10-02 21:11

    Best to check the swivel joint seals first if you haven't, they're often the problem.

  2. #2jook242015-10-03 08:47

    that swivel does it come out the top or do you have to get underneath to there's bolts on top.

  3. #3Nige2015-10-03 09:17

    Pretty sure it comes out from the top. If you want the Service Manual procedure to R&I plus to disassemble and replace the seals drop me a PM with your Serial Number and your email address.

  4. #4jook242015-10-06 21:01

    took it apart were two seals that were flat and rough the rest looked good but replaced them all.it said to plug holes with plugs and use shop air for leaks didn't have plugs so just installed it tried a bit seems okay will know in couple a days when I put it to the test.

  5. #5lantraxco2015-10-06 21:43

    Sounds good. In my limited experience if those seals don't look like new, you will have degraded performance, those machines run like 5,000 psi?

  6. #6Bob/Ont2015-10-07 10:35

    The drive pressure is 5 times as high when turning as driving straight. Later Bob

  7. #7jook242015-10-10 18:22

    swivel tried the excavator works real good only thing is I got grease and oil coming from swing gear housing took drain plug out but nothing came out checked my swivel its not leaking what happened was when I took it apart oil rain down into the housing.would like to get rid of it about 1/2 in. of oil nad grease in the housing if I measure from the top in.

  8. #8Bob/Ont2015-10-10 22:04

    Try to get some out with an oil sucker. Don't take all out. Maybe just keep washing it off until it stops. Later Bob

  9. #9Nige2015-10-11 04:14

    Maybe this might work for you. HeavyEquipmentForums

  10. #10jook242015-10-11 09:39

    thanks guys never thought of it think I'll try the the pail with vacuum