CJC02798 Cat 315C I have a what appears to be a sensor on the top of the main valve that is leaking. The parts guy at Fabick doesn't have any idea how to find it, and I guess neither do I, though I can find it on a drawing, but with no part number. The sensor or switch leaks when the travel is actuated. The sensor is on the top of the valve block, there seem to be two of these sensors, one situated on the side of the block toward the front of the machine, and one toward the back. The leaker is the one toward the back. The picture marked "2" is taken from above and behind the valve, sitting on the engine cover, looking somewhat toward the cab/swing drive area. The picture marked "1" is looking toward the back of the machine from the swing drive area. The Cat parts diagram is from 176-4357 Lines GP-Pilot. What I need in all this is a part number, thanks in advance!
Also from 176-4357 Lines GP-Pilot:
Look at Page 2 of that Group, Item Ref # 52. Travel Pressure Switch P/N 309-5768.
Thank you, Nige!
The last few days I have run this machine I noticed two quirks: 1) The backup beeper would intermittently stay on after the travel pedals were released, 2) When flipping the control lock lever up, to the lock position the backup beeper would momentarily chirp. I wonder, being as the leaking part is a switch, if it is the cause of this?
It wouldn't surprise me if the contacts in that pressure switch were sticking, having been contaminated by hydraulic oil.