Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

315F Emission Code

Hunter013 · 2024-01-25 15:07

Cat 315 WKX00292 I will attach pictures of all the codes and status flags that are on the machine. I am starting with just looking over all after treatment wiring and sensors. Is there anything else I can do to figure out the troubled area or where else I should look?

Replies10
  1. #1Hunter0132024-01-25 15:08
  2. #2ahart2024-01-25 15:19

    If there’s DEF in your tank, it seems that the tank sensor in the DEF header has gone bad. Your machine falls under service magazine M0128491 which has a new sensor kit part number 594-7019.

  3. #3Hunter0132024-01-25 15:32

    The gauge inside the cab said I had a 1/2 tank of def. I topped it off and no change on the gauge. I would assume that would verify that it is the tank sensor? Also for my own future knowledge, how did you know it was that sensor?

  4. #4ahart2024-01-25 15:34

    Experience, seen a couple hundred of them fail. Beware of the sticker shock, they’re proud of them.

  5. #5Hunter0132024-01-25 15:47

    It shows that it’s $100 cheaper to get the whole manifold 591-3429. Would that be the better route?

  6. #6Vetech632024-01-25 15:50

    yes

  7. #7ahart2024-01-25 16:01

    I hadn’t noticed the group price on that. Seems odd but I’d definitely take them up on it.

  8. #8Hunter0132024-01-25 16:04

    Manifold will be in tomorrow morning. Will I need to reset or clear anything in ET after I install it?

  9. #9ahart2024-01-25 16:16

    I think you’ll be able to put it in and go, most you might have to do is an aftertreatment system functional test in ET.

  10. #10Hunter0132024-01-25 16:43

    Understood. Thank you very much for the help.