Can a person remove govenor from injection pump without removing the pump itself on cat 315L
Not according to the Service Manual which states to first remove the complete unit then split the governor from the FIP. The array of tooling necessary to do the separation is probably one of the longest I've ever seen in a Service Manual procedure. PM me with your machine S/N and your email address if you want a copy.
It's not a big deal to pull the whole unit. I always farmed the rebuild or repair out to the experts rather than taking the chance of something very bad happening when I started the machine back up.
That thought crossed my mind when I saw the separation procedure.
Thanks for the info. yea its coming out complete and to a service shop thinking its governor or pump causing the flutter did it since I bought it and never got worse. But annoying.