Just starting to look for replacement glass for a cat 315L. I just bought this machine and it has plexi-glass in all the windows except the front and the door, this junk plexi-glass is haized over and can't see a thing thru them..anyone with any leads on where to start looking? Thanks in advanced
Check you local glass cutting shop that does automotive installs. There is a local glass shop that actually cuts all the glass, except for specialty items, for the local Cat dealer. I have used them for glass in many cabs over the years. They will be much cheaper that OEM glass.
Next suggestion? In a very small town suffering from bad economy..no glass factories around
I wasn't suggesting a glass factory, just a shop that cuts glass. They can template your openings and cut pieces to go in there.
You can try broken tractor. Do a set h on google it will come right up.
We may be able to help you with aftermarket glass. Just need serial number and or part number. Give us a shout. Steve. www.pdmechanical.com
Thanks Steve. I sent a request on the website
My 315L has a 2 piece 50/50 windshield . The upper piece has a very slight curvature in it and you can't get it at a glass place . You may find a good used one or a new one at $ 1200.00 . i wouldn't think of paying that gouging price for a windshield . Anyway thats why Cat curved it so you couldn't get cheap replacement . My fix .: I bought two strips of 1/2 in aluminum angle and pop revited on where the old curved windshield would sit . had to fill a little at the bottom to keep the angle strips straight . I then set a new piece of tempered glass into the alum strips with that windshield rubber cement . ... forget the name but all windshields are installed with it today . It worked perfectly and saved me over a $1000.00 and have had no issues for the last three years and it looks original .
Luckily the windshield is original glass. That's the only piece that's not plexiglass