Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

320C Slow Controls

Pralhad Birdi ยท 2023-09-07 08:26

Hi everyone, I've got slow controls on a 320C AKH01848 excavator. For some context, this is a machine we've owned and maintained for the past 15 years, and its never had any major issues. The electronic throttle control motor ate through its gears a few years ago, and I put in a manual accelerator cable, and it's been working perfectly. A few months ago, we noticed all the controls have become a lot slower. There's no issues with power or tracking, and it doesn't overload the engine, just slow controls. The monitor keeps on showing a warning for ''Hydraulic Oil Level Low'' but the level is fine. Apart from that, there's nothing else I can tell. We've been changing hydraulic filters and oil at the recommended service intervals, and there's no leakages or leaky rams. I'd appreciate any help on this. Cheers

Replies1
  1. #1partsdic2023-09-07 09:34

    Hydraulic Fluid Condition: Despite regular changes, verify the hydraulic oil's condition and cleanliness. Contaminated or deteriorated fluid can affect system performance. Control Valve Blockage: Check the control valve for any obstructions, debris, or dirt that might be impeding flow. Solenoid or Sensor Issues: Inspect solenoids and sensors associated with the hydraulic control system for potential malfunctions or wiring problems. Electrical System: Given the past throttle control motor issue, examine the electrical system for any loose connections or damage that might be affecting signal transmission. Monitor Warnings: Address the "Hydraulic Oil Level Low" warning as it might be related to a sensor or wiring issue.