Hello, I have repacked cylinders before but never this kind, see picture, could somebody clue me in, thanks.
There's usually a setscrew on the side that must be removed before attempting to unscrew the head. Then you have to make a tool with 4 pins that fit tight in the holes and use as a wrench A thick piece of flatstock and hardened pins could work for that.
Looks like another copy of someone else's better idea?
Well, I am confused. Are we talking about the piston or the head?
The old style nut that had the high torque have very few problems if installed properly. The retaining system for that cylinder, I've been hearing of lots of problems. They are apparently locked in place by that set screw in the back. I'm also hearing that there are linear encoders inside those cylinders that are falling apart.
Got it....thanks guys!!!
I can’t say I had much problem with them since its been on this machine for 14 years and this is the first time the seals are being changed.....Hope it stays that way!
What machine is that on?
Clue's in the thread title - (Cat) 323DL To the OP. I hope that you applied Loctite to the grub screw #20 when you reinstalled it and the ball #21 that goes underneath it, just as an insurance policy.
Yeah, after I posted that, I sorta hoped nobody would read it. I had never seen that style of piston attachment, but I really never work on anything new but New Hollands.