Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

323 on a tag trailer

shadow2 ยท 2020-12-11 16:53

If I got a 4 axle tag trailer gvw of 100k on 4 25k axle can u tow that trailer behind a six with lift dump truck in state of ct truck would have 30k drive with a manufactured gcvw of 125k 18 speed transmission 15 Liter motor 550 1850 tourc Truck can support 54k per spc Trailer 100k Total weight 154k State sees max 170k on 7 axle true weight of 110k loaded

Replies1
  1. #1suladas2020-12-12 02:02

    Never had any experience with a 4 axle tag, not very common. But I do pull my 210 on a 25 ton tri-axle tag behind tandem dump, total weight of about 88,000lbs and it pulls great. I think you'd be fine as long as it's legal, it's a fair bit more weight but also 1 more trailer axle. But 100k on trailer can't be right on 4 axles? They might be 25k axles but no way you're legal for that kind of weight. Here it's 53000lbs on a tri axle trailer.