Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

323F wiring schematic

gotigers · 2023-05-16 13:59

Tore the grade control off my 323. Needing wire schematic at the laser pickup and the stick and boom sensor, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Replies35
  1. #1Nige2023-05-16 14:45

    12 different models of 323F out there and we're supposed to magically know which one you have.? A Serial Number is always helpful. Is it a Cat Grade Control system or A N Other.?

  2. #2gotigers2023-05-16 16:31

    Sorry, cat grade control #323feyej10316

  3. #3gotigers2023-05-16 23:36

    The guy i purchased this from had a brush head on it. he set it up with the left hand swing would be slower as not to over power the head. can you change this in the computer or does cat have to come out and run thier laptop on it?

  4. #4Nige2023-05-17 11:18

    Sorry I don't know. Maybe the excavator experts can chime in. Question: Have you looked in the Service Menu on the Monitor to see if there are any menus that might be applicable.? You will need the Service Password to get into where you need to be, not the Operator Password. Check your messages. Schematic sent.

  5. #5gotigers2023-05-18 01:41

    Thanks again Nige. Looked at monitor couldn't find anything. Called the gold palace thier coming out to check pressures.

  6. #6Nige2023-05-18 12:24

    Did you use the Service Password to get in.?

  7. #7gotigers2023-05-20 19:23

    I Could not find the service password

  8. #8Nige2023-05-21 00:48

    FFF2 usually works if nobody has been in and messed with it.

  9. #9gotigers2023-05-21 00:57

    Ill try it tomorrow. While i got you here my d4h 9DB is having transmision overheating issues. Heats up pretty rapidly and wont cool back down, high idle neutral. Engine follows suit but will at least drop down to 190 200. trans cooler?

  10. #10CM19952023-05-21 10:22

    Post that question in the dozer forum in a separate thread. Don't forget the serial #.

  11. #11Markomp2023-05-23 23:45

    serial number

  12. #12gotigers2023-06-07 22:15

    cant get into service m,enu. only numbers,no letters

  13. #13heymccall2023-06-07 22:43

    9992

  14. #14gotigers2023-06-10 12:24

    Thanks heymccall. Now here is another issue. Slow swinging to left. Previous owner said he recalibrated the computer for a brush head so his operator couldn't swing fast. Where do I look and how do a change this?

  15. #15ahart2023-06-10 12:46

    What does it show on the top of the monitor screen as which work tool is active?

  16. #16gotigers2023-06-10 13:46

    Thumb tool

  17. #17gotigers2023-06-10 13:49

    Anywhere I can download a service manual

  18. #18ahart2023-06-10 14:22

    Honestly I would need to look at a PSR (product status report) from ET to be able to help any further as I am personally unaware of any tool configuration that slows down the swing, not saying it doesn’t exist, I’m just not aware of it and cannot locate any service information that supports it either.

  19. #19gotigers2023-06-10 14:47

    Previous owner said you could go into the service screen and change the setting there, I went into it and looked at the calibration screen but I don't have a book or the knowledge to screw with that.

  20. #20gotigers2023-06-10 14:48

    Cat told me it could be a different spool. But to his knowledge nobody has been into that. Machine has only 1800 hours

  21. #21ahart2023-06-10 17:34

    Well maybe he’s right but without an ECM report I don’t have any clue how your machine is currently configured.

  22. #22JD955SC2023-06-10 17:42

    I have to say that have never heard of one swing direction being set up slower to give more flow to the tool. You can set up function priority on the Next Gens but not sure about the Fs, been a while since I set up a tool on an F.

  23. #23gotigers2023-06-10 18:01

    I have not either, p.o. said he set it up using the book for his 316. He's coming in two weeks to show me but would like to get it fixed now very frustrating running it this way

  24. #24gotigers2025-03-15 19:25

    Back on the 323f grade control. Looking for the boom wiring schematic, I think nige sent it to me but I can’t seem to find it. Serial number feyej10316. Thanks guys

  25. #25Nige2025-03-15 19:54

    He did. Check your message inbox.

  26. #26gotigers2025-03-25 19:49

    Ok fine fellars, got the grade control back wired. How do I reset all the codes flashing check grade control sensors. Or how to install go about checking them. Boom angle and stick angle

  27. #27Nige2025-03-25 20:55

    If you would like to list what Diagnostic Codes you currently have Active then troubleshooting procedures could well be forthcoming.

  28. #28gotigers2025-03-26 19:08

    3423-13 2426-3 2425-3 2402 1952-9 I went in the computer again and starting setting up a clean out bucket and it won't let me. The wiring wasn't that difficult most the sensors on stick and boom are only three wire so I don't think I f$$##d it up.

  29. #29gotigers2025-03-26 19:10

    I guess those stick and boom sensors would be more like a potentiometer, that i could check by ohms.‍♂️

  30. #30Nige2025-03-26 20:48

    I doubt they are potentiometers, more likely PWM sensors. If you want to read the output on the signal wire you will require a multimeter that measures duty cycle.

  31. #31Nige2025-03-26 21:00

    3423-13 - Grade Control System, requires calibration. I'm guessing this will require ET and I'm sure the calibration will not run until you fix the other 4 Codes. 2426-3 - Stick Angle Sensor, voltage above normal. Most likely a problem in the signal wire. 2425-3 - Boom Angle Sensor, voltage above normal. Most likely a problem in the signal wire. 2402-what exactly.? 2402 refers to the laser receiver 1952-9 - Chassis Angle Sensor, abnormal update rate. This happens when an ECM is expecting to receive information from another ECM but does not receive it. I'll see what I can find for the Codes in the way of troubleshooting procedures.

  32. #32gotigers2025-03-27 15:44

    I should be able to continuity test the signal wire, correct

  33. #33Nige2025-03-27 16:59

    A continuity test may give indifferent results. Best thing IMHO is to unhook both ends of the signal wire, connect one end to machine frame ground and apply batt+ via a 3A or 5A fused test light at the other end. If the wire is good the light will illuminate. You may find the attached comes in handy.

  34. #34gotigers2025-03-31 15:07

    Got all the sensors working except 2402-9 on the laser catcher. What should I check

  35. #35gotigers2025-08-30 15:57

    Finally got grade control fixed to where there are no codes. Now issue is it won't let me change the sound on grade or anything like that. Also how do I go in and change my joy stick controls mind you this is the older 323f