Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

324 intake air sensor problems

Rajin Canajin · 2026-06-24 15:32

Have a 324k. At least that’s what we will go with til I can talk to mechanic, I’m nowhere near machine. The air sensor on top of engine cover keeps throwing a code 2630.00. Replaced sensor. Still code comes up. Any ideas? And to add insult to injury, we had service advisor for the customer which was great for torque specs but let subscription run out and looking for something better. Does it need to be legal? Oh I don’t know. But it would be nice to have a wiring diagram. Thanks for any help.

Replies12
  1. #1Rajin Canajin2026-06-24 15:35

    324j.

  2. #2mg23612026-06-25 05:12

    Serial number? That code shows up for a "K", not a "J".

  3. #3Rajin Canajin2026-06-25 13:56

    It is 1LU324JXH2B036269. 324j. Manifold air temp high exceeded 2630.00 Thanks mg2361

  4. #4mg23612026-06-26 04:52

    I think it is supposed to be 1LU324JXHZB036269. Did you check the Charge Air Cooler for plugging? Check your messages.

  5. #5Rajin Canajin2026-06-26 18:05

    Thanks, I must have missed the Z. He says the code is there all the time. I don’t remember having to reset these. You fix the problem and it clears itself. Unless there is wires touching I don’t know what else it can be. I’m assuming this is all on can bus. He replaced the sensor. Didn’t change. Thanks for the help mg2631.

  6. #6mg23612026-06-26 19:11

    Is the code active at start up? If it is, then there is most likely a wiring issue since you replaced the sensor. If the engine has to run a bit before the code pops up, then it would be the charge air cooler being plugged.

  7. #7Rajin Canajin2026-06-26 19:51

    Code is active at start up. Thanks for the help. Do you know what is a good diag tool other than ahem copies of service advisor or where you can get them?

  8. #8mg23612026-06-27 05:34

    All you need is a good volt meter. Try unplugging the sensor. Does the code go away, or change? If not, short the wire to ground. Code go away, or change? I am suspecting an issue with the orange wire #5463.

  9. #9Rajin Canajin2026-06-28 15:51

    I have the volt meter. I actually want an amp clamp. But we have other stuff to diagnose and the customer service advisor was horrible. I needed a payload for a moisture meter for our 9670 and had to call the dealer. I know it’s their software and hardware but it’s a payload for a moisture meter. We are not reengineering the wheel. Just wondered if there was options. Jal test has called but they don’t have the how to fix it stuff which we used quite a bit.

  10. #10mg23612026-06-29 05:23

    Only dealers can program controllers, for now. Which version of SA do you have. If I am not mistaken, there is a version with manuals only, and a version with full functionality except programming.

  11. #11Rajin Canajin2026-06-29 16:23

    I could do some fooling around. I think turbos and injectors. Very basic stuff. Couldn’t program anything. I think Deere is concerned about people deleting the power units. I honestly don’t know the version number. When I try to logon online it just sends me a nice message and saying not going to happen. So I want to either buy something else or get a funky version of service advisor.

  12. #12mg23612026-06-30 04:38

    If you can calibrate injectors, turbo actuators, etc, then you have a fully functional version.