Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

324D L Long Reach

AJsOffroad ยท 2009-10-09 09:32

Can anyone tell me the weight on the 324D L long Reach. I need to transport one next week. Also does anyone have pictures of one loaded on a trailer? I want to see how far it hangs off the back. Thanks AJ:usa

Replies3
  1. #1trucker12009-10-09 10:20

    AJ, a site I check for shipping specs is http://www.ritchiespecs.com/ and they are generally pretty good. They list that machine around 55,000 lbe, length is between 33 feet and 47 feet, depending on which option you have for the boom. They list 5 different options. George

  2. #2handtpipeline2009-10-09 10:24

    According to Cat's website, the minimum weight for a 324D L is 52602 lb, and maximum is 57871 lb. But it isn't broken down into different configurations.

  3. #3AJsOffroad2009-10-09 21:07

    Thanks George. I just found that site the other day. I still wonder how much the long reach boom and stick add to the total weight. So pretty much in shipping form it will be about 14' longer than a standard configuration of the same machine. I also found a picture. Thanks AJ