Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

324dl

345cl · 2008-01-29 10:54

our 324dl finally arrived,so after the snow stopped falling i grabed the camera and went and took some pics,damm snow is in the way lol ,well my boss told me now i have three shovels to take care of,,lucky me once i get her going ill send some more pics along folks, also threw in a pic of my baby(345) enjoy :canada jay

Replies13
  1. #1ror76a2008-01-29 11:06

    That's one nice looking Cat there:cool2 I am looking forward to hear how things go with it. That would be the machine I am looking at to replace a couple of my old excavators with. If things ever pick up around here...:beatsme

  2. #2treeman2008-01-29 15:55

    Nice looking machine!! Can't wait to see some more pics

  3. #3crazycajun2008-01-29 16:58

    I have one, and it's pretty awesome, have 2.4 cu\yd 54" bucket it has no trouble with it. very smooth......

  4. #4345cl2008-01-29 18:53

    thats good to know,what kinda work do ya do,,have any pics thanks,me its just going to be for sewers,should fit good on the small streets with all the overhaed wires

  5. #5crazycajun2008-01-30 02:17

    Just general dirt work, never did sewer but have laid rcp. the boom is relatively short, it should do fine under the wires.... il try to get some pics. have one of it stuck...

  6. #6crazycajun2008-01-30 02:24

    here ya go

  7. #7ror76a2008-01-30 09:11

    Nice pictures, hope your 324 didn't get too much damage from getting stuck like that. I've got some more questions about it if you don't mind. How is it on fuel? Do you think it would still handle that big bucket with a quick coupler on it? About how many yards an hour can you move with it if you were just piling it up next to the machine, in good digging conditions? Thanks

  8. #8345cl2008-01-30 10:37

    well as far as fuel goes the one we tried in the summer was good on fuel i was digginn water and sewer at the same time plus doing the house entrances,i was at 8 feet for most of the job and was doing a normal 10 hour shift and i was burning half a tank,,as far as yards go im not to sure,but one thing for sure this shovel can handle it self very well,we also have a quick attach for ours,but you dont even feel it,im very impressed with the capabilites of the 324,i cant wait till we get it out in the fields to see what its like out there as well,,those are nasty pictures man,what happened,ill send some more also once i get things all togther here i just moved so give me a bit of time, jay

  9. #9crazycajun2008-01-30 11:50

    I"ve loaded 2900 cu\yd one day into trailers... could probably get more than that just moving dirt

  10. #10ror76a2008-01-30 14:24

    Thanks for the info guys. :drinkup One of the machines I am thinking about replacing is my old 235. I mostly just use it in our pits to pile sand, rip shale and load trucks. I haven't really measured but I believe that I am getting a little over 300 yards an hour piled with the 235. Sounds like I would not be giving up much (maybe a couple feet of reach) with a 324D, and I would make a major gain on the fuel consumtion side. :cool2

  11. #11equipment fan2008-01-30 17:32

    345cl,nice new "toy"!I love to see that is one in Québec!will you do a video of it for your youtube channel?

  12. #12345cl2008-01-30 18:19

    im starting soon 3.5 million dollar sewer job downtown montreal,not sure of the exact date but ill definitly do some recording for sure ive got the proper camera now ,,lots of pics and videos for sure jay

  13. #13N.CarolinaDozer2008-01-31 10:50

    Nice pic's!