Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

325B Cat Bucket linkage differences B/C

dieseldog5.9 ยท 2024-11-27 08:31

I have a 325B Cat 8RR00465, Cat tells me by the serial number that I have a C-Linkage machine. The attatchment I am looking at has B linkage. Apparently this has nothing to do with my series of machine B or C but has something to do with bucket pins and stick width? The attatchment is a hammer, and not entirely clear as to what the solution is other than changing the hat on the hammer. Looking to understand the reason for the different linkage, and what the differences are.

Replies4
  1. #1Nige2024-11-27 11:48

    You may find some useful information in the attached.

  2. #2dieseldog5.92024-11-28 09:38

    I may have information overload, There is no C linkage listed. My bucket has 80mm pins, and a 13.75 inch spread. Looks like a B Linkage has 80mm pins and a 12.25 spread. So my boom is wider than the inside spread for their hammer. It is going to need a new wider mounting plate.

  3. #3Nige2024-11-28 11:43

    Your C linkage is somewhat of a hybrid between a B and a CB linkage. It has 80mm diameter pins the same as the B linkage but is 351mm (13.82 inches) across the stick the same as a CB linkage. So as you have already figured it will require a mounting plate with a wider throat although the pin diameters will remain the same.

  4. #4artree02024-12-26 04:14