329 cat I dont have machines numbers at the moment. I just put a thumb on it today. I am going to hose it up tomorrow. The question is can it be hosed up to the existing lines for the rock hammer and just change the tool setting? I'm also wounding what the small lines beside the cut offs for the tools.
Yes, it can connect to the existing, large work tool plumbing. You must electronically reduce the pressure relief settings in the monitor (or you'll break the thumb cylinder). And select two way operation. You definitely need to provide full model number and serial number for us to get you into the programming. Beware that you don't change too much in there. Best way to start is to list all current work tool names in monitor. Many times, one of the preprogrammed options will be "close enough" to modify. The other piping is for "medium" pressure, which is typically for operating the rotate mechanism on a grapple or shear.
Thanks that helps. I will get more info tomorrow.
Cat0329ETPLW00668
After plumbing the larger exting lines and switching the monitor to thumb it turns out the smaller lines were the correct lines for thumb. Thanks for the input.
I dunno. The medium pressure lines aren't setup up the same with reliefs as the big lines. Perhaps someone else can chime in. If the reliefs aren't set lower, you will damage the thumb.
All I can tall you is when it was switch over to the thumb on the monitor the small lines tens up so I'm going with that. Thanks
Thay work but slow.
How can I speed the the thumb up? Is there a motor setting? If it matters we are hooked to the smaller lines in the picture beside the big tool line and valve. This lines flexed when we switched over to the thumb and worked the controls. Should we be on the big line and reconfigure the settings some how.
Monitor
I don't know why the small lines were plumbed for the thumb. Usually you need about the same diameter tube as the bucket cylinder. I'm not familiar with the E series machines so don't have an answer to your question.
On machine, go into work tool select menu. Can you list the names on all the available (should be 10 names)? Then, we can help you pick which one is "mostly" right, and walk you through how to modify that particular work tool program. There are too many settings in each program to just randomly create, from scratch, a distinct work tool program without either me or a knowledgeable Caterpillar tech being there. Names will include thing like H130, CVP80, work tool 8, 9, etc from factory, and names like hammer, grading bucket, etc from dealer programming. And, as stated before, a thumb plumbs to the larger lines. The smaller lines are medium pressure, low flow, for rotation oil on things such as grapples and shears. Small lines are fed from a small gear pump attached to the main pumps (in addition to the pilot oil gear pump that is standard). The large lines are fed from one or both main variable displacement pumps (depending on tool program). The large lines can be programmed to provide one way or two way (reversible) flow, with both flow and pressure electronically regulated by whatever they are programmed to. Some factory programs are set to operate both the the high and medium pressure lines by using both joystick thumb wheels, for attachments like shears and grapples. Not having any thumbs here and in order to help you get the right setting values, can you also provide the pressure and flow specs for that particular thumb?
CP Thumb JD 250 - Model J000085105-1. Serial All I could get is maximum of 2,500 psi.
Any help on programming this to the new thumb settings?
A comment. The two photos you posted above are both the same. Neither one shows the items on the bottom end of the menu. Suggest you scroll the list down (Blue bar on RH side) and take a photo of whatever other menu items appear.