Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

329D John Deere

77Ford ยท 2021-05-23 22:16

I have a fairly new to me 329D John deere. Sometimes it takes 5 or more minutes before the fan in the cab will start, once started the AC or heater what ever you have selected works fan. The fan sounds like it's running good, and I've used it for several hours at a time with no issue. It's almost like something is telling it to wait to start, at first I thought the machine had to warm up to operating temp before it would allow the controls to work but sometimes it starts instantly. I've wiggled and jiggled the switch and can never get it to start, it just random takes off and as I said once it takes off I can speed it up, or slow it down even turn it off and it will instantly start back up. It's the first initial start up. Any ideas?

Replies7
  1. #1mg23612021-05-24 05:22

    It should turn on instantly. Definitely need a serial number? When your fan is not working does the windshield wiper work?

  2. #277Ford2021-05-24 08:58

    I will check the wiper the next time. Serial # 1T0329DKPA0191134

  3. #377Ford2021-05-25 21:44

    No the wiper is not working when the fan is not working. I didnt run it long enough tonight to get the fan to work so I can't say 100% that the wiper would be working then.

  4. #4mg23612021-05-26 05:17

    Sounds lie a loss of voltage issue. You can confirm that by testing voltage at the blower switch (or wiper switch) when the issue is active. There would be no voltage. Check the F7 20A fuse. It obviously won't be blown, but maybe the pins on the fuse might be corroded or loose. Also check the X1 connector for corrosion and pin fit. That connector comes out of the cab above the rear window and should be the one to the right. Check the terminals in that connector for the P02 Red wire. It should be in the pin location "J". There is also a splice in that wire within the harness that could be giving issues. You might want to wiggle the harness throughout it's length with the blower on to see if it changes.

  5. #577Ford2021-05-26 09:19

    That gives me some things to check thanks !

  6. #677Ford2021-05-27 08:58

    I checked the above items and found the switch to have power. It's in the blower motor, you have to tap it with a screwdriver to get it to take off. I assume there is some sort of loose connection, I'll have to get it off and check it out. I guess the wiper not working is a separate unrelated issue.

  7. #777Ford2021-06-08 17:24

    Just to follow up and close the thread, I ended up replacing the blower. I think it has an issue in the resistor but not really worth trying to fix. New blower and i'm good to go. I will have to try and track down the issue with the wiper another day.