6cyl. Pump rebuild had most parts replaced that were needed. Plunger Barrels - Reman Governor - All Springs/ shaft / bearings Servo still the same as was good running freely. After installation: customer advised taking to long to idle when acceleration releases. Build so many along the years never had this issue before. Has anyone had this symptoms before? Some feedback would be great.
Cat guys will want serial number
I remember one time I didn’t stack the governor spring wave washers in the proper order and that happened. I assume this is NOT a sleeve metering pump, right?
Is there a spring to pull the lever back to idle that's not hooked up properly?
View attachment IMG_7558.jpeg
Just added some more pics I can’t seem to get video up of what’s doing.
Does yours have the tach output on the back of the cover with a lip seal in it. If so when you installed the lip seal did you possibly change the depth of the tube the seal goes in when tapping the seal in? Also if it has the dashpot screw what did you set it at.
There is supposed to be a gasket under the aluminum housing for the hydraulic piston assembly. If the gasket is missing or cracked, excessive engine oil leakage can cause a lag like you described.