Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

3306 block 5S6777

Cedarvale1 · 2025-04-03 03:25

Afternoon all, I’ve found a 3306 block that’s available through an auction locally. The part number on the Block is 5S6777. My question is what machines would’ve this been likely to have come out of? When I go into cat parts online and punch in the number it doesn’t show anything. If it’s suitable as a block only I’m wondering if it’d be good base as a spare engine to be built up over time to go into our 6H. Not sure if the blocks are much different ancross the board and it’s just what goes into them but that’s would be the arrangement number I guess. Any helps appreciated and I’m not stressed if it doesn’t work out. Cheers

Replies2
  1. #1DieselFit2025-04-03 06:11

    Sometimes the casting number is one number different than the actual part number. 5S6778 is a 3306 block. The serial number that is in the picture looks to me like a 17K which was a 12E Grader. I think the block is quite an old one & probably has counterbores in it which were prone to cracking/fretting. The later 3306's use a spacer plate.

  2. #2Cedarvale12025-04-03 06:33

    Thanks mate I did some more looking on the net and thought it may have been out of a tracavator or something like that. Either way I’ll leave it be as I’m fairly certain it won’t work for us.