Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

3306c JAKE BRAKE

HESCO ยท 2015-03-04 19:09

Greetings, Has anyone seen or driven a 3306c with a true jake brake on it? If so how was its performance? Thanks...

Replies7
  1. #1lantraxco2015-03-04 19:39

    I have not, but I would think that they should work well. the 3406B model I drove had an excellent Jake on it, the 3306 is just smaller, so less power, less braking, but still equivalent to it's size, yeah?

  2. #2HESCO2015-03-04 20:04

    Its for a customers 1998 motor home with a 3306c, He is looking for a true jake setup but none of us have ever seen one on a 3306c.

  3. #3lantraxco2015-03-04 20:43

    Jacobs lists it, for certain serial numbers only. This may help: http://www.jacobsvehiclesystems.com/files/support/pdf/Application-Guide-Cat.pdf Be sure to read the notes at the bottom of the page.

  4. #4clintm2015-03-04 20:43

    had one on a 1989 T800 dump truck if I remember it worked ok but not nearly as good as the 3406 one it's been about 18 years since i drove one

  5. #5HESCO2015-03-04 21:19

    Thanks, Its a 9TL engine and there is a listing for it. Appreciate the help.

  6. #6lantraxco2015-03-04 21:32

    De nada, good luck!

  7. #7ben46a2015-03-05 07:03

    They worked better than an exhaust brake on the same engine that's for sure. We had several on 94-96 louisvilles with the 3306/8LL.