Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

330c swing drift

Cat32 · 2024-04-16 16:17

Im working on a 2004 330c and noticed the swing will slowly drift if on a slope. It will not drift with the hyd lockout switch flipped. Im having a hard time finding any info on sis about the problem. any help would be appreciated.

Replies13
  1. #1James Sorochan2024-04-16 16:26

    Cat32. If you could let us know what make of 330c machine you have with the serial number it is will be helpful to those that can help.

  2. #2Cat322024-04-16 16:30

    cap01370

  3. #3Nige2024-04-16 16:36

    Is the free/fine swing switch in the "OFF" (activated) position by any chance.?

  4. #4Cat322024-04-16 16:38

    I apologize i read that wrong its a caterpillar that was the serial number i just posted.

  5. #5Nige2024-04-16 16:39

    Don't worry the S/N identified what it was just fine.

  6. #6Cat322024-04-16 16:40
  7. #7Nige2024-04-16 16:43

    OK, it was just an idea. It is an option not fitted to all machines. Moving on - is this your first time on this particular excavator.?

  8. #8Cat322024-04-16 16:49

    Yes. Im fixing to check pressures on the swing relief valve and the swing pilot supply pressure. Im i at least headed in the right direction?

  9. #9Nige2024-04-16 16:54

    See where the attached gets you.

  10. #10Cat322024-04-16 17:28

    thank you so much ill keep you updated on what i find.

  11. #11Gary Layton2024-04-16 19:48

    You seem to be describing EXACTLY what my CAT 320CL was doing when we first got it...I thought I had a slew motor problem. The switch Nige just posted was the problem...I never noticed it until folks here made me take notice. See this thread: CAT 315 swivel issue Hey all, I have a 2017 CAT 315, I was loading trucks and began to notice that when swiveling, the machine’s momentum kept it going and I had to stop it turning as opposed to it stopping when I let go of the joystick as usual. Almost like it became “loose” any ideas what the issue may be? HeavyEquipmentForums

  12. #12skyking12024-04-16 22:59

    He already looked Gary, his reply is inside the quote up there. He does not have the switch.

  13. #13Gary Layton2024-04-17 00:32

    Missed it...thanks.